The public powers work for the creation of the conditions permitting the effectiveness of liberty and of the equality of citizens [feminine] and citizens [masculine] to be made general [generaliser], as well as their participation in political, economic, cultural and social life.
All have the right to the security of their person and of their kin [proches], and to the protection of their assets.
The public powers assure the security of the populations and of the national territory within respect for the fundamental freedoms and rights guaranteed to all.
The physical or moral integrity of anyone may not be infringed, in whatever circumstance that may be, and by any party that may be, public or private.
No one may inflict on others, under whatever pretext there may be, cruel, inhuman, [or] degrading treatments or infringements of human dignity.
The practice of torture, under any of its forms and by anyone, is a crime punishable by the law.Morocco Constitution
Shall be punished by imprisonment of five to ten years, those who, without orders from the constituted authorities, and except in cases where the law allows or directs individuals to enter, remove, arrest, detain or kidnap any person. If the detention or confinement lasted thirty days or more, the penalty is imprisonment from ten to twenty years. If the arrest or abduction was carried out with either a uniform or insignia prescribed or appearing in such under section 384 or under a false name or a false order of the public authority or with the use of motorized transport, or with threats of a crime against persons or property, the penalty is imprisonment from twenty to thirty years. The penalty in the third paragraph above is applicable when the person committing the act is one of the persons exercising public authority or a person under section 225 of this Code if the act is committed to achieve an objective or satisfy personal desires . If the offender is charged or has been aimed to get paid a ransom by people under the authority or control where the minor was placed, the penalty, whatever the age of the minor, is life imprisonment. However, if the minor is found alive has ever been made before the conviction, the penalty is imprisonment from ten to twenty years.
Any person who sells or acquires a child under the age of eighteen years is liable to imprisonment for two to ten years and a fine of five thousand to two million dirhams.
"Sale of children" means any act or transaction involving transfer of a child from one or more persons to one or more other persons for any consideration whatsoever.
The penalty provided for in the first paragraph of this article shall be applicable to any person who:
- causes the parents or any of them, the kafil, the testamentary guardian, the dative guardian, the person having authority over him or the person in charge of his protection to sell a child under the age of eighteen, Assists or facilitates such sale;
- acts as an intermediary, facilitates or assists in the sale or purchase, by any means whatsoever, of a child under the age of eighteen years.
Without prejudice to more severe penalties, a person who carries on a child under fifteen years of age for the purpose of carrying out work shall be punished with imprisonment from one year to three years and a fine of between five thousand and twenty thousand dirhams Forced, acts as an intermediary, or causes such exploitation.
Forced labor, as defined in the preceding paragraph, means the compulsion of a child to perform work prohibited by law or to perform work that is prejudicial to his health, safety, morals or training.
Who, without violence, threats or fraud, or turn away, or attempts to remove or divert a minor under eighteen years of age , is punishable by imprisonment of one to five years and to a fine of 200  to 500 dirhams. When a nubile and removed or diverted married her captor, it may be prosecuted on the complaint of people entitled to apply for annulment of marriage and cannot be sentenced until after the cancellation of marriage the final decision.
Anyone who excites, encourages or facilitates the prostitution or debauchery of minors under the age of eighteen years shall be punished by imprisonment of two to ten years and a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand dirhams .
Is punished by imprisonment of one to five years and a fine of five thousand to one million dirhams, unless the fact constitutes a more serious offense who knowingly
1) in any way aids, assists, or protects the prostitution of others or soliciting for prostitution;
2) in any form, by knowingly receives a share of the avails of prostitution or debauchery of others or receiving money from a person who habitually engages in prostitution or debauchery;
3) lives, knowingly, with a person who habitually engages in prostitution;
4) hiring, leads, delivers, protects, even with their consent or puts pressure on a person for prostitution or debauchery, or to continue to engage in prostitution or debauchery;
5) acts as an intermediary in any capacity between persons engaged in prostitution or debauchery and individuals who exploit or remunerate the prostitution or debauchery of others;
6) with one who exploits the prostitution or debauchery of others to provide false justifications of its financial resources;
7) is unable to justify the source of its revenue, considering the standard of living while living with a person who habitually engages in prostitution or debauchery, or having relations with a suspicious person or persons engaged in prostitution or debauchery;
8) hinders the actions of prevention, control, assistance or rehabilitation undertaken by the sectors, agencies or organizations authorized to do so vis-à-vis those who engage in prostitution or debauchery or are exposed.
The penalties prescribed in the preceding article shall be brought to the imprisonment of two to ten years and a fine of from 10,000 to 2,000,000 dirhams when:
1) the offense was committed against a minor under the age of eighteen years;
2) the offense was committed against a person in a difficult position because of his age, illness, disability or physical or mental weakness, or against a pregnant woman, her pregnancy was apparent or known by the guilty;
3) the offense was committed against several persons;
4) the offender is a spouse or a member of one of the categories enumerated in Article 487 of this Code;
5) the offense was caused by stress, abuse of authority, or fraud, or when on the means of photographing, filming or recording was used.
6) the offense is committed by a person who, because of its function, to participate in the fight against prostitution or debauchery , protection of health and youth, or maintenance of the public order;
7) the offender was carrying a weapon or latent;
8) the offense was committed by several people as perpetrators, conspirators or accomplices without constituting a band;
9) the offense was committed through messages sent through the media or to an unrestricted public or specific individuals.
Offenses under section 499 above shall be punished by imprisonment of ten to twenty years and a fine of 100,000 to 3,000,000 dirhams if committed by a conspiracy .
Offences under sections 499 and 499-1 are punishable by life imprisonment if committed by torture and barbarous acts .
Is punished by imprisonment of four to ten years and a fine of five thousand to two million dirhams anyone who has committed himself or through a third party, one of the following:
1) own, manage, operate, manage, finance or participate in the financing of a local or an institution usually for debauchery or prostitution;
2) own, manage, operate, manage, finance or participate in the financing of any facility open to the public or usually frequented by the public by accepting the usual presence of a person or group of persons engaged in debauchery or in prostitution or looking for clients for this purpose within the institution or its annexes, by tolerating such practices, or promoting sex tourism;
3) to the premises or locations not used by the public or make available one or more persons that they should be for debauchery or prostitution.
The same penalty applies to the assistants of the aforementioned persons to previous paragraphs of this article. In all cases, the decision must order the withdrawal of the license which the convicted person is a beneficiary. He may also order the temporary or permanent closure of the local.Morocco Penal Code
It is forbidden to requisition employees for forced labor or against their will.
Anyone who contravenes the provisions of Article 10 above shall be liable to a fine of between 25,000 and 30,000 dirhams.
Recidivism is punishable by a fine of twice as much and imprisonment of six days to three months or one of these two penalties only.
Paragraph 21 (Morocco Protectorate)
‘The public [slave] markets were prohibited in 1913 and in 1917 the adouts were prohibited by a dahir to register any deeds of sale relating to slaves.’